On July 31, at 17:40, Belton firefighters were called to a structure fire in the 300 block of Mahaffey St. Engine 1, Engine 2 and Car 1 responded with rapid intervention being provided by Williamston and Honea Path FD. Cheddar Fire Dept. also provided additional manpower. Units arrived to find a single story brick ranch issuing heavy smoke. Attack lines were stretched and advanced into the structure as heavy smoke and a well involved kitchen was found. The fire was contained quickly and ventilation was conducted. Walls and ceilings were opened up to check for extension. Unattended food on the stove appeared to be the cause of the fire. Extensive damage was confined to the kitchen.
Post a Comment