|Lt. Riddle, Chief Gibson, John Mitchell|
Representatives of the S.C. State Firefighters’ Association (SCSFA) began grant award presentations in the amount of $7500.00 to six high school training centers throughout the state.
The proceeds are the result of a Federal grant, known as the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Services (SAFER) program, administered through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The grant provides funds to the SCSFA over a four-year period to enhance the statewide recruitment and retention of volunteer firefighters.
The training centers receiving grant funds include:
- Clarendon Hall in Manning
- Sumter County Career Center in Sumter
- Anderson District I & II Career and Technology Center in Williamston
- Pickens County Career & Technology Center in Liberty
- Academy for Technology and Academics in Conway
- Aiken County Career & Technology Center in Warrenville
Post a Comment